Shaun H. Malvin, Esq.
A strategist in the corporate realm and a skilled mediator, Shaun turns challenges into strategic advantages, bringing clarity to complexity. Whether navigating clients through intricate corporate transactions, negotiating multifaceted agreements, or skillfully resolving disputes, Shaun provides clients with tailored solutions, paving the way for them to thrive in any business environment.
Shaun H. Malvin is an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated attorney in the fields of business law and litigation, and is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator. With a career spanning prominent roles in both a full-service national law firm and boutique settings, Shaun’s experience is as rich as it is diverse.
Shaun’s multifaceted legal practice encompasses a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, reflecting a unique blend of precision and adaptability. As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, Shaun’s acumen in resolving disputes is highly sought after, signaling a nuanced understanding of both legal advocacy and the art of negotiation. From serving as outside general counsel to handling intricate corporate and commercial transactions, Shaun’s attention to detail shines through. His experience includes drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including shareholder and operating agreements, licensing agreements, employment contracts, and purchase and sale agreements. In addition to his corporate work, Shaun has a proven track record in litigation and dispute resolution, including trial and appellate experience.
Shaun began his career at Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, honing his skills in various aspects of business law. He later served as an associate at a leading law firm representing public pension funds throughout the United States. His career is marked not only by a stellar reputation as a lawyer and mediator but also by a commitment to community engagement, exemplifying Avid Legal’s values.
At Avid Legal, Shaun’s keen understanding of corporate transactions and experience in dispute resolution bring a balanced and nuanced perspective to our team. Whether navigating the subtleties of a complex business deal or guiding parties towards a mutually beneficial resolution, Shaun’s approach is characterized by strategic thinking, deep legal acumen, and a commitment to achieving optimal outcomes for his clients.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, 2008
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Cum Laude, 2005
- All Florida State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, Broward County Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of The Florida Bar
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2023 Super Lawyers®
- 2015-2022 Rising Star by Super Lawyers®
- South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers of 2015 by Legal Leaders
- 2014 Rising Star by Super Lawyers®
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Up & Comer for 2013
- Avvo.com 2015 Clients’ Choice Award
- “Excellent” Rating on Avvo.com
- Past Chair, Florida Bar Seventeenth Circuit Grievance Committee “B”
- Board of Trustees, Temple Dor Dorim
- Member, National Young Leadership Cabinet, Jewish Federations of North America